10 November 2012

more than raw.


Hi! Do you remember your earliest years of science class? Last night I tried to 5S my closet but stopped when I found my lab notebook from sixth grade!! I kept this notebook because of my sixth grade epiphany, which was realizing that I enjoy science.

This lab notebook contains the first time I conducted a lab experiment that required me to collect raw data. I remember going home and stressing over the numbers that didn't help me answer the questions for analysis. During an era where books were majorly used to find answers, I pulled out my textbook and found equations that used my raw data to find derived data and BAM BAM BAMMM!!! It was like looking through a microscope and finding the perfect adjustment for a magnified and crystal clear view of a chloroplast. The analysis was clearer than ever.

Why am I telling you guys about this? I was inspired to share my nerdy moment because of an article that I found on Viget's Advance blog. I'm infatuated with this company and their blogs. The article (Change is Good) was written in 2010, but the information is still very relevant and useful.

The author and marketing strategist, Anjali Merchant, for Viget explains why focusing on raw numbers only reveals raw numbers. Check it out!


No comments:

Post a Comment